Monday 15 October 2012

Today I am 54 years old.

It's my 54th Birthday today and my heart has been warmed by all the messages wishing me a good day. These days Facebook messages seem to have taken over from cards but I think that although it is nice to receive a card on one's birthday, crikey I sound like the Queen but you know what I mean, a message on Facebook or Twitter can be just as welcome. At least it shows the person sending the message has taken the time out to do it and it would be churlish to say that greetings sent via such electronic media are any less welcome than a card. All good wishes are welcome in my book, as has been said on many occasions its the thought that counts. Large cheques would of course never be refused although electronic transfer is equally welcome.
Anyway, with Mrs H away it is pleasing to know that so many people have a kind thought for yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment