Saturday 13 October 2012

Into the weekend

Right. The weekend starts here. I have a can of beer by my side and am getting set for a bit of writing, a bit of TV and a relax before tomorrow when the garage de-clutter recommences. I hope that by this time tomorrow the main clutter will be gone leaving only the stuff which is going to self storage or into the skip. I can then start to work on the house room by room starting with the 'office' which has been taunting me for a while. I should start doing some clearing in the evenings. Trouble is by the time I get home from work I just want to rest and can't raise the energy to start digging through drawers and cupboards. I must be a bit more disciplined about it from now on. Pah! How likely is that?
Another viewing of the house Saturday morning at 11 am, all grist to the mill. I'll be de-cluttering so the agent can get on with it. I really hope a lot of these folks will turn up at the auction and bid up and up to a good price. We live in hope.
Had a  few beers and some chocolate, written a few more words of The Story, watched a bit of TV and given in to the kitties demands for more food. Not to mention a bit of Twitter interaction. A fairly successful relax session then. BBC2 for QI then to bed for a read.
Loins girded for the continuation of the garage de-clutter tomorrow.
Its a bright and dry Saturday morning. I hope it stays like this for a few hours so that I can get some more stuff out of the garage leaving me extra time for the house. My brother is due to come down so that will give me the incentive to do more than I would on my own. I work better in a team usually.
Once the garage is done, I'm going to do a room at a time which will mean 4 or 5 weekends. That will take me up to the middle of November when I'm also taking a week off to get a skip and move stuff into self storage. I can then get the stuff that will be going into storage at the movers sorted out ready to leave the house at the end of November. That my friends is the plan, whether it works or not is up to me getting my arse in gear and doing all the things I've said I'm going to do.
As an aside, one of the houses I've been looking at in Amble is up for rent as well as sale, so I may think about renting it with a view to buying. Everything depends on how much we realise on the house so I think that is a wait-and-see job.
A second cup of coffee then out to start again in the garage. I hope to get the majority of stuff moved out of there today, wish me luck!
That's the first load in the van, waiting for bro' to turn up to put stuff in his Landrover then along to the petrol station to put some petrol in the van and some air in the tyres then tip here we come. There's a fair bit of stuff to go into self-storage but nowhere near what there was in there originally, ayt least now you can walk into the garage and move around without falling over stuff or have junk cascade down on you as you pass.
Making progress but still a lot to do and its a bit daunting yet. At least things are getting done though, my previous paralysis has shifted and motivation has kicked in. About time, some might say.
As another aside, its my birthday on Monday, I wonder if Mrs H sends a card. Still, stop second guessing and over thinking, there are myriad reasons why she might forget or anything she sends arrive late through the transatlantic post. Best to forget that sort of thinking and get on with making the best of what is going on now.
Three trips to the tip have left what needs to be self stored in one half of the garage and the other half clear(ish). There is a wardrobe left with personal stuff to go through tomorrow. Once that's done the remainder goes in the skip mid-November.
I will begin indoors from Monday. Moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment