Wednesday 3 October 2012

The next big thing

The lovely Bea Davenport asked me to answer these questions. I haven't tagged anyone as I'm new to this writing lark and don't know many writers well enough to ask.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing

What is the working title of your book?  It's a series of short stories provisionally titled West goes West.
Where did the idea come from for the book? My liking for Western stories and the escapist thoughts that I've been having over the last few months.
What genre does your book fall under? Westerns.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? It's too early to say, the characters aren't fully developed yet.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? We follow the life of a young lad from when he leaves a Northumberland pit village for the USA to start a new life after losing his only remaining family in a mining accident, up to his death in Arizona.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? I'm not sure, I'll probably go for self-publishing but we'll have to wait and see if it ever gets finished.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I've only just started, first draft not yet completed.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I don't know, there are so many great writers of Western stories and frankly I'm not worthy of fastening their saddle girths.
Who or What inspired you to write this book? Mid-life crisis and thoughts of escape from my troubles.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? I hope it will have novelty value, but that depends upon how the story unfolds.

Here's a linkhttp://www.blog.beadavenport.com/#home

No comments:

Post a Comment