Wednesday 17 October 2012

Need to travel.

I hope once the house is sold and the downsizing is sorted I can start travelling again.
I miss going to different places, seeing and experiencing new things and meeting new people. I have Mrs H to thank for much of the travel I did over the past few years because she was kind enough to allow me to tag along on some of her business trips.
I did travel a bit before she came along but the best trips, apart from my first journey to Australia which was wonderful thanks to my old pal Mr Sutton and his lovely wife Christine, were to places she let me go to with her. We also had some good trips to Ohio and Yuma, AZ to visit her family.
Anyway, I doubt those days will ever return so I have to work on saving up to take trips on my own or with Mrs H if she is still on board in the future.
Trips such as those long cross country rail journeys in the USA, Canada or Australia might have to wait until I retire but I think a few shorter expeditions to places like Poland, the Czech Republic or Slovakia would be good. Not to mention reacquainting myself with Spain and the Netherlands, The Hague is a particular favourite place of mine. I would like to return to Washington DC, Columbia SC and Vancouver BC as well, so time to start saving!
When I do start travelling again my blogs might become a little more interesting and less introspective. We live in hope, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment