Wednesday 17 October 2012

Post number 125.

This is my 125th post. I hope it's worth it. It must be interesting, humorous and informative unlike the 124 which went before.
So here goes.
My Winter beard is coming along nicely, I have to resist the temptation to trim it myself because that normally ends up with me shaving it off having make a complete bulls lug of the whole process. From now on I will go to a barber and have the whole lot done properly. I'll have the baldy bit on top polished with the sides and chin neatly coiffed so that it doesn't end up looking like a badly tended mushroom patch. I will of course leave the moustache to grow luxuriant so that it can be waxed for special occasions and become a talking point once more.
The Summer look is all very well but I do prefer the full beard of Winter which keeps out the cold and allows for a handy snack to be always close, especially after sloppy foods or soup. Enough of that though, the Winter beard is a tradition which began some years ago and I like to maintain that tradition as an alternative to scarves or roll-neck sweaters, both of which have their place in my wardrobe but are a complement to, rather than a replacement for the Winter beard.
There is a Summer version which is more of a goatee, although I do tend to shave the whole Heddonlad bonce including chins on a more regular basis in the months of June through August. From September onwards a light stubble begins to show through and by Christmas the full fadge is on display until at least Easter when the lighter growth kicks in and the goatee reappears for its Spring and early Summer outing.
So there you have it, blog post number 125 complete. I hope it will be as much fun to read as it was to write. I'll leave that last sentence open to your own interpretation.
I'll bet you can't wait for number 150 or even 200!

1 comment:

  1. I do like to be hirsute during winter myself. Happy hirsuteness!

    ReplyDelete