Sunday 7 October 2012

Procrastination.

My pal JR has been round to take away more of the concrete slabs I never got round to using to build a nice patio. Story of my life, the things I never got round to doing which could have enhanced it. Procrastination is the thief of time as a former friend used to say and boy, do I know how to procrastinate. If I'd spent as much time and effort into doing the things I procrastinated about I could have been in charge of a small country by now, or a millionaire or both. Still that was then, this is now, from tomorrow, no more procrastination. My new rule, never put off until tomorrow something you need not do at all. Actually its not that new a rule, its been around for a while, I've just always been going to live by it tomorrow.
I'm really looking forward to the football this afternoon, I hope Newcastle play as well as they are capable of and show the rest of the league that they are real contenders for a European place again and that last season wasn't a flash in the pan.
The potato curry is on to cook really slowly until later, to be had with rice. It smells good so far, if it tastes as good we'll be fine. I'm trying not to have a beer yet, I want to save myself, and the beer, for the match so I must find something to do to keep me away from the fridge. I know, I'll procrastinate. I'll tell myself that I'll go to the fridge later, that way the beer will be safe and I will have succeeded in staying off it until the match starts. So you see, procrastination has its uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment