Sunday 14 October 2012

Lazy Sunday morning

But then I'm lazy every morning. Another lovely Autumn day out there is beckoning me towards the garage. The trouble is I'm being snuggled up to by a nice warm kitty and I can't really be bothered to shift her. The stuff in the garage will still be there tomorrow and if it isn't at least I'll not have to sort it out.
Speaking of garages, I'm going to have to start thinking about what to do with the van. It isn't looking like it will get sold before I move so I'll have to find a good place to park it safely. I could always stick it on ebay but what with selling and de-cluttering the house I'm not sure I want to be bothered with people who want to test drive it and so on. Another decision to be made and I hate making decisions. I'll have to do something with it though, it can't sit on the street in Amble for ever. I'll put it on ebay in November that way there'll be no more folks looking at the house because all being well it will have sold which will leave me time to show it to people.
My pal John has been round and taken the last of the concrete slabs so that's them out the way. He's also going to take a few of the plant pots as I won't need them all. Bit by bit the clutter is going, phew!
I'll be glad when all this malarkey is finished with. I'll need a holiday, it's a toss-up between not going away anywhere and having a few days off to get to know my new surroundings and settle into the new place or go somewhere before I move into the new place just to have a proper break. Or both. It's hard to decide what to do. It'll probably be best to wait and see for now and not plan too far ahead. Although a long weekend in Glasgow to meet up with my pals Mr N and Curly McLucas might be a good idea added to another to settle in and reconnoitre. We'll see.
The Story has moved along as well, 3680 words so far find Bob about to make another momentous decision. Who knows where he'll be by the time we hit 5,000. Time will tell, I haven't exactly mapped out where the tale is going, it evolves each time I sit down to write some more. The general direction remains the same, but the route keeps altering.
It's my 54th birthday tomorrow which makes me a Libra and 54 tomorrow. I'm following @EverythingLibra on Twitter at the moment. It's amazing how what they say about Libran traits relates to my character. Having said that, we Librans don't believe in such mumbo jumbo.
So I think its time to read the Sunday papers and have another cup of coffee. Later I'll write some more of The Story before dinner. I like this writing thing, I wish I could write well enough to make a living out of it. If The Story gets a good reception when I decide to make it public the whole thing could take off. Who knows? Stranger things have happened at sea, which you might discover when I get around to writing more on 'The Story of the Mary M'.
The sun's 'a shinin'. If this was August it would be as hot as the hobs of hell but as it is the mellow month of October it is a lovely cool day just right for not sorting through stuff in the garage. Coffee and Sunday papers time in case you'd forgotten so the garage can wait.
When this move is over I'm not sure what I'll find to write about. Probably my daily doings in Amble or wherever I end up. I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment