Friday 19 October 2012

Foggy Friday

It's a foggy Friday morning and today I decided to work at home on an interview script which needs to be expanded to have a bit more detail added. I've got the skeleton and a general direction so it shouldn't be to difficult. I decided to work at home because it is hard to concentrate in the office surrounded by people shouting across desks to one another and holding loud conversations right behind where I sit. The joys of the open plan office, it just takes one person with a loud or distinctive voice to kill the ability to concentrate.
Added to that I hate driving in the fog, so I'll not risk going out in it today.
I might also have another look at the dreaded Power Point presentation (I love alliteration, me) and try to add a few more notes and some slides. If you hear screams you'll know I'm working on the PP.
On a different subject, at least the fog has lifted a little on the de-cluttering. Tomorrow I intend to take all the old clothes I bagged up the other week down to the recycling centre along with a load of old papers out of the 'office'. If I can get that little room sorted out it will lift the inertia that was starting to settle back upon me this week.My Brother will be down next Saturday so we can start on the other rooms, depending on how the 'office' goes I might start on the dining room and continue with that if needs be the following week when the Brother is here. Then I think the spare bedroom, the main bedroom and finally the sitting room. By then it should be around the end of November and at that point I can get the movers in to take the furniture and household effects into storage until the new place is found and bought. I'll take the other stuff to self storage and myself to my temporary accommodation, either with the brother or wherever.
Tell you what though. It will be good once the house sale is done with and everyone is paid so I know how much is left for a new place. I hope that then this underlying anxious feeling will go away and I can relax a bit.
To be able to relax would be great, it has been a long time since I could sit back without the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something is wrong. I really hope that a change of location and fewer financial commitments will make for a more relaxed Heddonlad. A more relaxed Heddonlad means a more fun Heddonlad which in turn benefits everyone, well some people anyway, let's not get carried away.
I don't actually remember the last time I was truly relaxed and comfortable with life. There always seems to be something. Now though I am going to try and worry less about the things I can't influence and do something about the things that I can, instead of concerning myself with the former and worrying about the latter.
I really should do some work on that interview script, at this rate I'll be working on it at midnight. I should close the Twitter and Facebook tabs, stop looking at e-mails and writing on here and get on with it. Can procrastination be classed as a hobby?
If this working thing doesn't start soon I think I'll just bite the bullet, accept the inevitable and take the day as holiday, eases the guilt and legitimises doing diddly-squat all day except blog and write. Its not that I'm not productive,its just that my productivity is leaning towards the extra-curricular today. Decision made, day off it is.
The Story continues. 4001 words and Bob is now on the horns of a dilemma. It seems neither of his jobs are suitable to allow him to marry Helen. One is unacceptable to Reverend Byng, the other too dangerous in the eyes of his prospective bride. As we speak he is talking to his boss Heinrich over a bottle of whiskey, trying to work out what to do. I wonder, is it wise for Bob to plan his future with a drink on board? We shall see, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment