Saturday 20 October 2012

The Weekend

This weekend started a little earlier than planned as I gave up the unequal struggle to work on the interview script and took Friday as a days holiday instead.
It's now Saturday and the weather looks good for another trip down to the tip. This time I'm taking old clothes to go in the clothing recycling bins. I'm slowly getting rid of stuff, but I'll be glad when it's sorted. Everything is a bit of a drag at the moment but once this is all done and the formalities are dealt with we should feel a lot more comfortable with life. Fingers crossed!
Coffee then the de-clutter continues. A load of bags in the van ready to go.
That's me back from the tip, sorry recycling centre and the sausages are on for brunch. 3 more viewings today plus one who just turned up and was told to make an appointment. Rude people, just expecting to be allowed into the place. Why does common courtesy walk out the door as soon as you put your house up for sale?
Anyway, the rest of today I'm setting aside to try and get some more of The Story written and maybe do a bit of reading. I'll start next Saturday with some more rooms; as I said, finish off the 'office' and move into either the spare bedroom or the dining room. Have I said that I'll be glad when all this is sorted? Thought so.
Been to the shop and topped up on kitty food and litter plus some beer for tonight and the match tomorrow. Chilling watching St Mirren vs Celtic, it's not going well for the Buddies, Celtic up 4-0 at half time. NUFC connections on both sides with Paul Dummett on for the Buddies and Fraser Forster in goal for Celtic. I doubt there'll be any heroic comebacks but you never know.
I was right, no comeback. Now sitting hemmed in by kitties again with a beer and rugby league on the TV. Might go for a snooze once the beer is finished, assuming I can get out from under the kitty pile.
Back from a good snooze. Tea is now cooking; pork chops sliced into strips with cubed potatoes in a tomato and vegetable sauce doing slowly in the oven.  That was tea and it was lovely, mind you as I said on Twitter, self praise is no praise at all. That doesn't alter the fact it was lovely.
Now for a bit of TV and maybe another beer whilst hoping that the Lotto comes up.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment