Tuesday 9 October 2012

Strangely sanguine

I'm feeling strangely sanguine today. I've been worrying myself sick over the last few weeks about selling the house, de-cluttering, finding a new place and a million other things but today I've reached a sort of plateau where I've decided to sit down a take a look around.
What am I worrying about?
1. Selling the house; the agent is looking after that, it goes to auction in 3 weeks and I can't do anything about  whether it goes for a good price or not. So hang loose for now on that one.
2. De-cluttering; it in the process of happening, so go with the flow and get on with it.
3. Finding a new place; I can't do much on that score until after I know how much the house sells for so that's a wait and see. I know where I want to go and have a couple of potential targets so not much to worry about really.
4. The million other things don't actually exist; I can find a self storage place for the stuff we need access to, I can stay with my brother for a bit until I can find and move into a new place, the furniture and bigger items can go to the moving and storage company who will be doing the move until its time to go into the new place.
So stop worrying is what I say, let the things you can't control work themselves out until you are in a position to be able to influence them and do the stuff you can do something about.
Relax, have a coffee and don't get so wound up. Oh, and stop talking to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment