Sunday 23 September 2012

Winning the meat.

Aren't meat raffles fantastic? Unless you are a vegetarian or a vegan of course and to you fine people I apologise in advance for my praise of a subject you may find distasteful at best, abhorrent at worst. With that said, to us meat eaters, aren't meat raffles fantastic?
We hold one every Saturday in our local pub to raise funds for our Leek Club. In case you were wondering Leek Clubs are run so that people can compete to grow the biggest leeks and other veg. Shows are usually held in a pub or club for entertainment and companionship.
So as I said, each week we have a meat raffle with the prize being a joint of meat or steaks and suchlike. Now it just so happens that for what seems like the first time in ages, but, I am told by others again so soon after the last time I managed to "Win the Meat!". Imagine my joy and surprise, I can eat a proper meal again after all these weeks of subsisting on dry bread and gruel. So today there will be a lovely chicken in the oven to be scoffed with roast potatoes and a variety of veg. I can't wait!
So with dinner planned and Thomas kitty 'helping' me me type I will write on. On the subject of leeks, I have found a place to grow them after I have left Hall Towers for Hall Towers II so at least that is one problem sorted out. I hope the change of garden may help me climb up the leader board because if I don't improve this season I may as well give up and retire from the fray. Here's hoping.
The rest of today is down to domestic chores so I'm going now.
TTFN. PAAA.

PS: spot the deliberate mistake.

Correct! 'me me'.

No comments:

Post a Comment