Wednesday 26 September 2012

Cold Calling

The house has been on the market for just over a week and I've had my first cold caller today. I hate when people turn up on the doorstep wanting to be shown around. The whole point of having an agent deal with the sale is to avoid that. It's rude and thoughtless.
The idea of appointments is so that I can be ready to show the potential buyer round or so the person from the agents can do it for me, it feels now that I can't relax, waiting for the next one to roll up expecting to be let in for a look. If they are that interested let them make an appointment.
Now I know that if I want to sell I have to let people see what the place looks like, my beef is that they shouldn't just knock on the door without setting up an appointment first, as I said, it's rude and thoughtless.
I've now stuck a sign on the door asking anyone who calls to ring the agent, if they ignore the sign I will ignore them.
I wish someone would come up with an acceptable pre-auction offer so we could move on and finish with the traipsing hordes.
I think this type of thing is an indication of the basic selfishness of many people. An attitude of 'my needs are more important than your needs' seems to pervade society these days, or maybe it always has, was there ever a golden age of everyone looking after each other? I think there is a large degree of rose-tinted hindsight going on if I'm being honest.
It would be great if people considered their fellow beings a little more, the world would be a happier place. I suppose that's me being naive, I doubt things will ever change but that isn't going to stop me trying to be a better, kinder person.

No comments:

Post a Comment