Sunday 30 September 2012

Chill Baby.

This dull Sunday afternoon I will be mostly trying to relax, write a bit of The Story, do a spot of reading and guide my lions (that's my version of gird my loins for the uninitiated) for the next few busy weeks. At the end of that period I hope to be de-cluttered, un-indebted and re-homed. We can only hope and pray that this happens.
Back to today though, my good friend Mr McL has volunteered to do some research on my behalf for The Story, probably for the second in the series, I will be glad of the help so I will be ploughing on with Story 1 until I reach about 5K words which I have read is the optimum length for a short story.
So far our Hero has just been taken on as a singer in the bar where he works as a potman so he now has three jobs. This will help him save up for his journey into story 2 in which I aim to take him into Ohio though this thing has a life of it's own and is evolving rather than being planned so Ohio fans don't hold your breath.
Anyhoo I'm off to stir my curry. More later perhaps.
Just a thought I had whilst stirring my curry (not a euphemism); in case anyone was wondering and I'm sure you weren't but I'm going to tell you anyway; the reason I think it best to move to Amble is so that I'm not visiting my old haunts and having to explain over and over again to people who's lives revolve around gossip the reasons why we are selling up which frankly are none of anyone's business but mine and Mrs H's. Amble will be a fresh start, with the opportunity to visit new pubs, use local shops for bread (not to mention scones, which in case you had forgotten, I love), fruit and meat instead of relying on the big supermarkets and to live in a pleasant town (England's Friendliest Port) near to good transport links and on the beautiful Northumbrian coast which in my opinion is second to none. Also, another big plus is I'll be nearer to my Brother and sister-in-law so we can help one another in our dotage.
So I'll be off now to read the paper, write some more of The Story, read a good book and so on to make my dream of a relaxing day reality.
All together now, chill baby! TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment