Wednesday 26 September 2012

New interests...

...or old ones revived. I have long had an interest in writing, ever since I discovered how much I loved books and have intended for years to write a tale or two. The current hiatus in my life has given me the ideal opportunity to revive that desire; so here I am writing some short stories and maybe even branching out into poetry. I don't know when a person becomes a 'writer' but maybe that is what I'm becoming. Perhaps you could call me an aspiring writer for now, maybe I can call myself a writer if anything I produce ever gets published. Having said that some of the training manuals I have written over the past couple of years have now been put into use at work so maybe that counts as being published. In that case I am a writer!
Buddhism is another subject that I intend to become more au fait with; the talk with my good pal Mr N the other week made me think that it's high time I looked more into it and maybe live my life by it's principles. It's early days yet and I'm just taking the first faltering steps but with time and a fair wind I hope to be able to at least say I'm trying to to do just that.
On that note, I'm off to look at The Story and see if I can add a few more words before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment