Sunday 23 September 2012

What to do?


I'm in limbo at the moment, waiting on a possible offer on the house which may help me find a better place to live after I move out of Hall Towers. I hope and pray that this happens because I really need to maximise what I can realise from the house and land.Also I'm not sure what is going on in the relationship stakes. I haven't had any word from Mrs H since she left on Thursday, I hope she arrived safely and is OK but I have had no response to my update e-mails and I'm scared to send an SMS in case she gets annoyed. I don't want to put her on the wrong foot as I still hold out some hope of us reuniting.It is a very difficult time all round as Mrs H is also in limbo I suppose and I imagine she is still sorting her stuff out in the US and doesn't have time to worry about me. It's also likely that she doesn't have broadband access at her US apartment. Who knows? I just hope once we have sorted Hall Towers out and carried out the de-cluttering process our lives can get back on an even keel and we can move forward together. On a slightly different subject, I've ordered a book called 'How Not To Worry: The Remarkable Truth of How a Small Change Can Help You Stress Less and Enjoy Life More' by Paul McGee which I hope will help with my over-analysis issues. Once I've picked it up from Cogito Books and read it I'll let you know if it has done any good.That's enough for now, I'll be back later. I'm back. This over-analysis thing is really getting to me. I spend most of my waking hours worrying and thinking through various scenarios. For instance, today all I can focus on is how to get Mrs H to come home. I'm really concerned about her but scared to contact her in case I hear something I won't like. It gets her goat when I go on about a subject, I'm like a dog with a bone, worrying at it again and again. Worrying about things I can't change or improve is a real pain.All I want is to be able to stop worrying, sort out Hall Towers, clear the mortgage and have Mrs H home. Is that too much to ask? Maybe it is. Later.It's later and I'm still over-analysing; I'm going out later to look at the new site for my leek trench maybe that will give me something to think about other than ways to get Mrs H home, none of which will work of course because it's up to her what she does. Phew! OK, back again. I've just sent Mrs H an SMS message to say I hope she arrived safe, telling her that I've sent her updates and that I miss her. She's  responded as I write, she has a fever and a bad throat and clogged sinuses. Funny how often that happens after a long flight, I think the air on these planes is so crap that all the viruses just pass from person to person. The airlines should recycle the air better and more frequently to keep it clear of such things. Still at least she arrived safe and answered my SMS. Proof of my over-analysis and worrying in action.Apropos nothing; I had a thought earlier when I was corresponding with Barbara Henderson about my series of short stories that if I didn't have to eat and keep a roof over my head I would quit my job and write full time. I find writing cathartic and fulfilling, much more so than the day-to-day boredom of producing technical training manuals. Mind you it could be worse, I could be working in a job I really hate like I did a few years ago.Listening to Newcastle vs Norwich then going out at half-time to see the new leek trench site and have the chicken dinner made with last nights winnings. I'll give you a report on both trench and dinner later. Well that was worthwhile, the space for the trench is ideal and dinner was lovely. I'm now back at Hall Towers thinking, oh dear you say and you'll be right. I am still wishing Mrs H would come home but if she isn't going to do that straight away I need to know that she at least wants to stay married and that I am still part of her life. That is something I have no influence upon and will no doubt over-analyse until the cows come home.So at the risk of doing that very thing I will break away from this navel gazing and type up the next few pages of The Story, which by the way is how I'll be referring to the Grand Opus in future.
TTFN. PAAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment