Tuesday 18 September 2012

The benefits of good friends and beer.

I've been away for a couple of days in the great city of Glasgow. As part of this walk on the Glaswegian side  I had a very enjoyable evening the The State Bar with my old pal Ian. A more erudite man you would not wish to meet. He helped me put a lot of things into perspective although by the time we finished drinking Farne Island beer I would have been hard pressed to spell perspective. Anyway, it was a grand night and helped me no end. My new writing endeavour has been given new impetus thanks to his advice and encouragement. I was even writing a few lines of my grand opus on the train down home, pretentious? Moi?
I always seem to come away from Glasgow happier than when I arrived, I have a couple of good friends there who always talk sense and buy beer, what more can you want?
Still, it's been a long day, so I'm going to relax with a rum and coke and say goodnight.
TTFN. PAAA.

1 comment: