Monday 24 September 2012

Turning inwards

I wonder if I'm turning into a recluse. Each day it seems that I am finding that I don't want to go out and meet people. When I do go out I'm generally fairly communicative with those that I meet and am able to have interesting conversations it's just that I really don't want to. I find that when I'm out I don't look forward to going home so I'd rather not go out. This may seem to be a contradiction but it is the coming into an empty house knowing it is likely to be that way for the foreseeable future that I don't like. When I'm in the house its not so bad as I keep myself occupied with writing and suchlike so that empty feeling is kept somewhat at bay. I hope it will improve when I move. My new abode won't have the negative connotations, going back over many more years than my recent travails, that the present house has.
My writing of The Story is an anchor at the moment, that and writing this blog, thinking about it the blog is probably the mainstay with The Story backing up. As I've said before writing is very cathartic and exercises my mind in much more positive ways than would be the case otherwise. It has also opened avenues that I didn't think I could go down, there is a whole community of writers who support one another in their endeavours out there which I hope one day to be more involved in. That last statement probably gives the lie to this post's title and opening line, surely I can't be turning inwards or becoming a recluse if I hope to get involved with others.
Maybe it isn't turning inwards, maybe its turning away from old attitudes and towards a new approach. Arrgh! I'm confused. Aren't mid-life crises great?
I think I might add a second string to my writing bow. I'm going to take a run at some poetry. Now I don't know much about the different forms and conventions so I'm just going to write down my ideas as blank verse, because if I know one thing about poetry, I know it doesn't have to rhyme. So, The Story will be my main project and The Poetry can join in when it feels like it.
Tell you what, the weather outside is atrocious today. Wet, cold and windy.
A thought that just struck me, Mrs H has only been away 4 days, it feels like 4 months. I wish she'd come home. I can't tell her that though, it would only annoy her and she'd be less likely to do so. She needs time and space to work through her emotions and come to a decision without pressure from me. I just hope she makes the right choice from my point of view.
Right, off to do some work so TTFN.
That didn't last long, I just can't get started on this project. The subject hasn't grabbed me yet, I can't find the right angle to approach from so I feel stymied at every turn. I need to look at the whole thing from another perspective. Trouble is I haven't yet worked out what that perspective is. Thinking cap on!
Well, I've been struggling with finding a new approach to my work project and I'm still no further forward. Whatever, I'll keep plugging away and hope to come up with a solution to the problem.
I think its time to publish this post before it gets any longer. I'll probably write another one later today. Off now to try and come up with an approach to my work writing project, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment