Sunday 9 December 2012

Sunday morning.

Sorry about the slight delay there, just had to break up a kitty contretemps over a particular spot on the bed which they both wanted to occupy.
Where was I? Oh yes, Sunday morning and I've had my breakfast and am now going to read the papers before going to tackle the packing in the 'office' and do the last few bits that are lying around in the spare bedroom.
I decided upon boiled eggs this morning for breakfast since it has been ages since I had them and they go particularly well with toast slathered in lashings of Lurpak.
I decided that for my last week in the old homestead I would have butter instead of 'healthy' spread. I do like olive spread but sometimes only butter will do and as I'm now past caring I don't think having butter is a major sin.
I am going to keep off the beer today and probably all next week because it is that time of year when the Polis are hot on the trail of drink driving in the mornings as well as at night and you can easily fail a breath test without realising you are still over from the night before.
I find it very difficult to motivate myself sometimes and end up doing everything at the last minute which makes it difficult to relax. What I should be doing is packing stuff instead of writing this and reading the papers, the reading and writing should come after I've achieved something as a reward for work done rather than as an avoidance technique.
So off to do some packing, back later with a sitrep.
Right back for a rest. Two boxes filled and three bags of rubbish in the skip. Progress. Having a break to read a bit more of the paper then back to it. It does feel good to have done something. Mind you it always does, I know it does but still I never learn to do the job at hand then relax rather than do anything but the job at hand and worry about not having done the job at hand. Bit late now after 54 years but you never know, I may be the exception that proves the rule on the old dogs and new tricks thing.
By Jove, I'm knocking doors out of windows here, or is it windows out of doors? Either way, that's the last of the junk removed from the 'office' and three more boxes filled. A couple or three more should see everything from there packed apart from the printer and the broadband router which will be the last things to be done before I move.
Packed the spare bedding up. I'm getting there slowly but surely.
Even I'm getting bored with the reports of the packing progress so I'll stop now and write something more interesting another time.
Just one final thing, I wish I could get rid of this underlying feeling of sadness that is with me constantly just now. Maybe once I move but I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment