Sunday 16 December 2012

Moving

Friday 14 Dec-Well, I am now at The Brother's and in the process of finalising the packing up ready for everything to go into storage on Monday.
It will be strange for a while being here though living by the coast and having a change of  scenery will be welcome.
I'm not looking too hard at properties to buy just yet, I'm waiting for the house money to come through first just in case I see a place I really like but can't go for it as the money isn't available. I would like to find a place up here in Amble although again it might be a bit expensive so I'll also look at Ashington and maybe Ellington where places are a little cheaper. We'll see. For now I'm going to concentrate on finishing off the packing and getting settled in here.
Saturday 15/Sunday16 Dec- Another couple of days of packing done ready for the big move. I hadn't realised just how much stuff was in the house but it is pretty much ready to go now so when the removal men arrive on Monday we can be doing the last few bits upstairs whilst they start taking out the stuff from downstairs.
Much work has gone into getting to this stage and I cannot thank The Brother enough for all the work he has put in to help me, not only with the packing but also letting me stay with him and his wife, whom I shall henceforth refer to as The Sister-in-Law, until I buy the new Hall Towers.
So now I wait, I wait for the movers, I wait for exchange of contracts, I wait for completion, I wait for the money to clear, I wait to see what Madame is going to do in the future and whilst I wait I worry. I will be able to relax and stop worrying once the first four elements of The Wait have been and gone. The final element is out of my hands so that is not an issue to worry about.
I've said this before but I always thought the previous Hall Towers was an unhappy place; I now need to put any negativity behind me, look forward and try to make a new happier life for myself in mid-Northumberland.
Of course as I am a softy, part of me still hopes that Madame and I can move forward together but since I have no influence over what she does I must allow that area of my life take its course and get on with the parts I can affect.
I will also get back into writing and blogging on a regular basis with the hope and intention of entertaining both myself and any readers who stumble across my ramblings.
So finally; I hope that if I'm spared, this time next year I will be looking forward to celebrating Christmas in a new home.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment