Saturday 29 December 2012

Peeking around the corner.

Now is the time that everyone starts to look back at the year just gone, who we have lost and who has been given a knighthood or some such honour in the New Years Honours List.
I, on the other hand am peeking around the corner at the New Year to come. The days of looking back and wishing that things could have been different have to end otherwise I can make no progress.
With that in mind I need to think of what the tenor of this blog should be. I am unsure as to whether the random approach still works or if I should try to write about current affairs. I feel more comfortable with writing what I feel at the time, rather than trying to be 'controversial' or 'edgy' so I am leaning toward carrying on as before. 
I would like to write on here in the style of Garrison Keillor, using a gently humorous approach to chronicle the goings on in the world and my feelings. To try and make people smile or say 'aww how sweet' rather than rant and rile people up.
The world is a troubled enough place without me adding to the trauma, so if it's ok with you I'll try to be whimsical and witty (mostly), rather than angry and ranty (occasionally) and hope to bring a smile to the face of my readers. I hope to bring a few more readers on board as well. It would be good if I could expand the readership, it would make me feel appreciated and be a boost for an ego which has been deflated for longer than I can recall. I pride myself in my modesty* but, as I say a wider audience would be a tonic.
I'll be off now to have a cup of tea before cleaning the bath. The Sister-in-Laws Brother is coming over later so I have to behave and pretend to be civilised.
More later I hope. TTFN.

*An oxymoronic joke there friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment