Monday 10 December 2012

I don't know why I bother.

I wonder sometimes why I bother following the fortunes of Newcastle United. Currently they are losing 1-0 at half time against a team who haven't scored in the league in over 5 hours of play. Yet again an unlucky deflection wrong footing the goalkeeper. They should be murdering teams with the talent they have but time and again they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
They have been my team since I was old enough to know what football was and I have followed them through thick and thin but sometimes I wonder why.
Time and again they flatter to deceive but never seem to be able to take it to the next level and win something.
Now I know they've won two Championships in the fairly recent past but in order to do that they had to be relegated first.
I would love for them to use the talent currently at the club, win a few games and bring a trophy back to St James' Park. They are unlikely to win the Premier League this year so avoiding relegation would be a result in that area but they are through to the last 32 of the Europa League and still in the FA cup so lets see if they can surprise us all and win one of those trophies. As ever, we live in hope.
Still whatever happens they are my team and I will follow them as long as I have breath in my body but honestly sometimes I don't know why I bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment