Sunday 30 December 2012

I drink too much.

I must have a dry day today. Since I moved in with The Brother and The Sister-in-Law I have been soaked in booze. I will refrain today and maybe after the New Year celebrations are over I will have a few more dry days.
This will help toward my aim of losing some weight before I go to the Fat Clinic in March to be told off for being obese and drinking too much, both of which are true of course. At least I gave up smoking.
It's time to take steps to get down to my fighting weight of 13st 7lbs, although if you read all the charts I should be even lower than that. If I do go much lower though I start to look ill and people try to help me across the road and suchlike so 13½ st it is.
Not an unreasonable target, and it is somewhere I've been before but I always slide back due to my love of sweet things and beer. More exercise is the answer.
You must realise that I'm talking through my hat and I'm unlikely to do anything like what I'm wittering on about apart from perhaps the dry days around New Year. I say the same things every year. So stuff resolutions, I'm just going to get on with living. As my old pal Horace always said: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment