Sunday 9 December 2012

Loneliness redux

Back in August I wrote about loneliness. At that time Madame was in the US considering her position with regard to our marital status and I was feeling pretty low. Things have moved on and since 22 November she and I have been divorced. That is not what I wanted.
You can't have everything you want in life so here we are and I am alone. Whether this is temporary or permanent in relation to Madame is an unknown, however whatever the future brings for our relationship it remains that I am on my own just now and feeling lonesome.
On the upside I will be moving in with The Brother until I can find a new place so at least I'll have a bit of company but yet again I'll be the third wheel. That seems to be my destiny in life, always the odd one out. To me there is nothing lonelier than being in that position. I hate being the odd one out.
I like to try and be as individual as I can. You know, not to follow the crowd but plough my own furrow. That doesn't alter the fact that I need to be in a partnership, to have someone to look after and support whilst being looked after and supported in turn. This being single malarkey is not for me. Having said that I don't know what to do to improve the situation.
What a conundrum. I suppose I'll have to make the best of things and hope that life looks up sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment