Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Story

The Story hasn't moved on at all. I can't get a good run at setting it rolling again. I have started on a new piece, it is The Tale of Francisco, aka The Tale. This means I now have The Story, The Tale and The Story of the Mary M all on the stocks at once. Not to mention a couple of nascent poems, I think I may have to prioritise a tad.
My inclination is to put Mary M to one side, write The Tale longhand on the pad I've started it on when the urge takes me but put a bit more effort into The Story once I've moved into The Brother's.
I need to get poor Bob married and on his way to wherever he's going PDQ before I lose the plot, what there is of it. I think I've said this before but The Story has a life of it's own.
The Tale is something I just started today on a spare pad I had lying around because I was a bit bored and wasn't near my laptop to do some more of The Story. The Tale so far has a Spanish Civil War Republican veteran turned monk, living in France approached by an old friend and comrade to help him with the torture and assassination of a Nationalist officer. That's as far as I've got so far. I'll develop it as and when the urge comes upon me and I have a pad around. I've kept the first three pages in the pouch at the back of my Moleskine notebook so I can get up to speed when I do want to write some more.
I mustn't start any more writing though until at least one of these guys sees the light of day. I don't want to spread my genius to thinly (modest cough).
Anyway, it's time to put the rubbish bin out and then decide on dinner. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment