Monday 12 November 2012

Geronimo!

Today is the beginning of the big push to clear the last of the stuff out of the garage, sort out the greenhouse and the storage box. With luck and a fair wind that should be done today. I also need to speak to the solicitor to see how the contracts are progressing and then the estate agent to talk about a new place, I might also ask her about renting a lock-up garage as that may be a cheaper option than self-storage.
Tomorrow through to Saturday will be packing up stuff that isn't needed regularly and removing any extra furniture that won't be going into the new place or self storage for sale later.
So, all in all it looks like a busy week ahead.
If you are of a sensitive disposition I would skip this paragraph. I came down this morning to confirmation that kitties are not always as cute and cuddly as we make them out to be and are, in fact cold blooded killers. Upon walking into the living room I was greeted by the sight of a dead mouse which had not only been killed but flayed, the skin had been peeled back from its whole body. We just have to hope that the poor little thing died early in the assault and didn't feel much pain.
OK, you can come back now.
The Brother is coming down a couple of days this week to help out with the packing up, which is very decent of him. At least someone will be around to lighten the load. I hope that by Saturday night I will be ready for the movers, whom I will be calling to organise a quote for moving my stuff into both their storage and the self-storage premises as soon as I find out a moving date .
As I've been so busy I've been neglecting The Story which has only has moved on a little since it has been on the back burner for the past couple of weeks. I think that is where it will have to remain until this busy period is ended and I can find some time to settle down and have a proper crack at getting Bob married and off to his new life in wherever the story takes him.
So off to make more coffee then once The Brother arrives outside to tackle the garage and greenhouse.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment