Sunday 29 December 2013

On a different note...

... over the holidays I was talking with The Brother about a couple of people we used to know from Canada who were either related to my paternal grandmother or were friends my maternal uncle met whilst he was doing his RAF training in Winnipeg during WWII.
The first person had the first name of Beulah and was I think related to my grandma Ann Hall (nee Wilkinson) who lived in Heddon on the Wall, Northumberland.
The second was named Dolph or Dolf and was either related to the above grandma or was a friend of my uncle Ted (Edward) Clark (who was from Ryton in County Durham and latterly lived in Throckley near Newcastle upon Tyne) from his time in Canada during the war.
I know it's a long shot but I wonder if there is anyone out there in Canadian blog land who has any idea who these folks were and if they had any remaining family as I presume they are both likely to have passed on.
I remember reading a Christmas card from Beulah many years ago which said if my folks didn't respond she would not be back in touch. She was true to her word and that has always been a source of sadness to me.
Dolph came to visit us sometime, I think in the 1970's and again we lost touch. That also makes me sad that he came all this way and we never kept up the contact, or not to my knowledge anyway.
Our family has always been very bad at keeping in touch and I think it would be good to rectify that.
Strange what one thinks about at 4 in the morning.
Peace and Love. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment