Friday 6 December 2013

4 Months.

4 months, that's how long its been since I last added anything to The Story or did any writing for that matter. I have been stuck on what Bob should do next and this has discouraged me from looking at my writing folder. I need some inspiration from somewhere, perhaps something dramatic will have to happen to push Bob away from Cleveland and further out towards California where the bulk of his life will take place. Whether he goes with Helen or alone is the question. I'm reluctant to kill her off but I'm not sure how else Bob will become the sad, disillusioned chap he needs to be to make The Story work. If I want him to have offspring so that I can keep The Story going into future generations Helen will either have to die giving birth or stay in the story and some other catastrophe hit the two of them to make them move. Another option of course is for Helen to be the one moving on alone although I'm not sure how historically accurate that would be for the late 1860's. Maybe Bob will have to be written out and Helen moves West in her grief and becomes a hard-bitten saloon keeper in California and The Story can revolve around her life. It's something to consider and consider it I shall.
Watch this space. ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment