Saturday 21 December 2013

Holiday time.

My Christmas Holidays started yesterday and as the club was open all day I decided that having done my last few bits of shopping I would reward myself with a wee drinkie.
Well, a wee drinkie was followed by another wee drinkie and another and another, you get the picture I presume. Anyway, all I can say is vodka and irn bru erase memory, I don't remember last night at all, or maybe that's overstating it, I do remember the majority, just not leaving and getting home and what I did once I got here. My hat is hanging where it normally hangs so at least I didn't lose it or leave it behind in the club which is a plus.
So having started my holidays with a wee drinkie, today I will be staying in to dry out and listen to the Newcastle match on the radio. There's no UK live tv coverage today as the kick off is 3pm and the tv companies aren't allowed to show 3pm Saturday kick-offs due to an old rule from way back which has never been recinded. It was put in place originally to encourage attendance at games when they all kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.
Having said that I'll not be drinking today I may have a small celebratory one in the house if they win but otherwise I'll keep off the drink to allow my liver a respite, poor thing.
Off for a cup of char now so Merry Christmas and ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment