Monday 29 July 2013

When alls said and done...

...I still like America and most of the Americans I have met have been kind and welcoming. I am not going to allow my recent experience to sour my opinion since the vast majority of the interactions I have had with Americans have been positive. I am not talking politics here, I am talking on a one-to-one basis they have been fine and the country itself is in the most part much like anywhere else I've been, it has its good, bad and dangerous areas. You just need to be sensible and don't do anything silly or visit the dodgy parts just like you would at home.
I hope to be able to continue to visit the States when finances allow and visit some places I've never been to. I'm thinking of going to either Savannah GA of San Francisco CA for a week in November. I'll procrastinate for a while longer then decide once I work out how much it will all cost when spending money and kitty kennels are factored in. I am a little wary of going on my own but I travel a lot alone anyway and have been abroad alone before so it really shouldn't be too bad. I just hope I can come home with a Southern Belle or a California Girl, who knows? Stranger things happen at sea.
Anyway, off for a glass of wine now to wash down my Cincinnati Chilli, so ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment