Thursday 25 July 2013

It's warmsville man...

This has been a splendid month weather-wise. We have had consistent warmth and a good amount of sun. July should be like this. I can't believe it is only a couple of months ago that I was sitting in front of a roaring fire swaddled in a blanket whilst eating porridge (in May!). That time will come again no doubt as winter draws on but really we should enjoy this July weather and hope for more like it in August. There's an Ashes series to be won and we need fine dry weather for that to happen.
I'm 'working at home' today although in reality I'm merely staring blankly at page after page of training material whilst gently cooking in the humid air in my front room.
I'm also going to spend half my life at the Health Centre in August, well about an hour and a half what with a physio appointment for my bad foot and a blood pressure test. I hope that my foot can be sorted and that my blood pressure is low enough to allow me to come off the blood pressure tablets. I take so many pills these days what with blood pressure, gout and cholesterol I rattle when I walk (or limp currently)!
I've been having some really good interactions with the folks in Toggy Club plus my Twitter and Facebook contacts lately which has helped me through the mood dip brought on by Madame's marriage news. I'll probably have another when the event takes place, if it hasn't already, but at least I know who my friends are.
Most of those I 'speak to' on Twitter and Facebook I actually know and have met so I know there are real people out there who care about my welfare, which is very gratifying and helps my mood no end, even though I rarely see most of them from one year's end to the next.
Having to sell up and move was the best thing to happen to me for a long, long time and although I was unwilling to do it at first I now realise that it was the right thing to do and my mood has improved as a consequence. So thanks to Madame I hope to be able to move onwards and upwards, taking each day as it comes.
Once again Per Ardua Ad Astra has proven to be very apposite.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment