Sunday 28 July 2013

How much rain?

It is absolutely throwing it down with rain just now so I have decided to put my gym and storage jaunt on hold. I am not getting drenched for the sake of a bit of sweating and sorting.
On a different note it's an interesting thing that now I'm considering whether to search out the third Mrs Hall (have I given up all hope of reconciling with Madame? I don't know, the jury is still out on that I think)  I'm still hoping to come across another American, or perhaps a Canadian. I don't know what it is about American women that attracts me, they just seem to be that little bit different and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Anyway, this train of thought will probably end up with me wandering through a minefield of sexism so suffice to say I don't know if I can ever find one but another American wife would suit me just fine. I'll have to make sure I travel to America as often as I can and have my charm transmitters turned to full.
Of course, just to clarify, I have no illusions about my attractiveness and I'm not saying women will fall at my feet, far from it. I'm just expressing the hope that Mrs Hall III will be from North America. And although I very much doubt it, I wouldn't rule out Madame being both Mrs Hall II and III, stranger things happen. But don't worry, I'm not hanging my hat on that unlikely eventuality, it is just another figment of my fevered imagination. Also bear in mind that there was nearly 20 years between the first two Mrs Hs so as I'm currently 54 there may not be a number 3 if that form continues.
Anyway, enough of that, as the rain flings itself down and the wind gets up I'm off to get some breakfast. Well that was lovely, you can't beat a fried egg sandwich on a Sunday morning, well you can but I wouldn't recommend it, think of the mess.
The rain isn't easing up any which means a stay-indoors day is definitely on the agenda. Research into farming in 1860's Ohio looks a good bet for later after the papers have been read. So off to the paper reading and research, ttfn.


No comments:

Post a Comment