Friday 7 June 2013

In Town

I'm going to a book launch at 6.30pm today (Thursday) but as usual I'm in town way too early (4pm). Still, what the heck, I can have a couple of beers and sit in the pub writing a few lines on here before I go to the launch.
I would have a stroll about town but as I'm supposed to be resting my foot I thought a pub is as good a place as any to do it. The fact that the sun is shining outside makes no odds, I like looking at the good weather but am not that fond of being out in it, I'm more of a cool temperature chap really. As long as it isn't wet or windy.
Still, I'm quite looking forward to this book launch as it will give me a chance to meet a Twitter friend whose book it is being launched and have a look in a bookshop I rarely get into, which is pretty remiss of me really but I'm in the thrall of Waterstone's. Maybe a walk around Blackwell's will broaden my bibliophile tendencies, who knows?
Anyway, I think I'll wander down Northumberland Street and see what's what.
More later, TTFN.
It's Friday. I had my wander via a couple more pubs then on to the book launch which was very good. It was great to finally meet Barbara after all the months of tweeting. I hope we can get together in the not too distant future to discuss my writing aspirations.
Finally left for home about 8ish via another couple of pubs and arrived home 'tired' at about 11pm.
A very good day despite the fact that I can barely walk today as I didn't rest my foot as I should have done. I'll rest it today and hope I can get some gardening done over the weekend and that I won't be in too much pain for my Belfast trip next week.
Thats all for now, TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment