Thursday 9 January 2014

Up my game

Having read a fair bit of G.K Chesterton and P.G Wodehouse of late I have decided that I really must up my game on this writing and blogging lark. Those two aforementioned gentlemen were geniuses (genii?) at writing humorous, informative, entertaining and enlightening books and articles on many and varied subjects whilst keeping us entertained with the Father Brown and Jeeves & Wooster series of stories.
I fear that I will never be able to even think about thinking about reaching that level of literary brilliance nor achieve a readership anywhere close to that which they reached out to over the years. Far from being discouraged by this though, I will use them as beacons of hope that one day I might just hit the right note and write something that people will want to read and encourage others to do likewise. In order to do that of course I will have to actually finish a tale and put it out for others to see. With that in mind, starting tonight I am going to spend an hour each day writing The Story and other tales that come to mind so that I can finally produce a work which can be read by anyone who wants to. How to get it out there once it's finished is another matter but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, my first priority is to get episode 1 of The Story finished. Wish me luck, bearing in mind that I'm a great procrastinator and this challenge involves not being that way.
I'll let you know how I'm getting along in due course. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment