Monday 6 January 2014

A trip or maybe two.

I've booked my travel and accommodation for a couple of days in Edinburgh to meet up with some former colleagues and have a chin-wag. That should cheer me up.
I'm also thinking about a trip to Glasgow for the Celtic Connections Festival this month if I can work out who to go and see and co-ordinate things with my pal in sunny Kirkintilloch.
Since I doubt I'll be able to afford to go far this year some short trips to visit with pals is probably a good idea to keep me interested until I can save up enough to go back to the US. I was hoping to go to the East Coast sometime around Easter but I think it would be more sensible to wait and go West, either to San Francisco or back to Vegas next year instead.
I have made a policy decision not to sit around and wait for life to come to me. Rather I will get out into the world and stop being such a recluse. I need to get some weight off so that I feel a bit better about myself on that score but otherwise I must fight the urge to wallow for yet another year and no matter how low I feel and how much I yearn for things I can't get back I must knuckle down and remake a life for myself.
On the losing weight front, I have now gone two days without alcohol or snacking on unsuitable foods. If I can keep it up and not back slide whilst I'm on travel I will get down to a sensible size and feel all the better for it.
Anyway, enough rambling from me for now.
Peace and Love x ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment