Thursday 23 January 2014

Feeling restless

Once again I'm in an hotel room on travel, this time in Manchester.
I'm starting to get restless and beginning to wonder if I should try a change of direction in my life. The trouble is I don't know which way to turn. Everyone I see around me seems to be in a relationship of some kind. The only single people I see are either very young, very old or very odd. The whole population seems to be bobbing along quite happily whilst I'm stuck on my own with no direction, no-one to love me and no prospect of finding anyone to do so.
It gets very wearing being all alone all the time even when there are others around, I feel isolated in my singleness and really don't know how to escape from this condition. I have given up hope of Madame coming back and don't feel that on-line dating is for me. The problem is anyone who looks at me sees a sad old man and will shy away before making contact or just talk on a superficial basis and go away again.
I would like to be attractive enough so that people feel that I'm not an old perv, that I'm just an ordinary guy hoping to find someone who will want to take on a 55 year old singleton with little to offer apart from wit and charm.
On the attractiveness front, I despair of ever losing the weight I've put on over the last 18 months since my main source of company is the club and I feel obliged to drink when I'm in there. Even if I don't go to the club I sit in the house and comfort eat so my attractiveness quotient is reducing by the day.
I can see no light at the end of the tunnel and am monumentally pissed off with everything.
ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment