Sunday 6 April 2014

Passing on.

I learned last night that an old friend has passed away. I haven't seen him or his wife for about a year since I moved out of the village where I used to live with Madame.
Anyway, his passing has made me realise how lazy I am at keeping in touch with old friends. It starts to get to the stage that I'll end up only seeing them at the funerals of other old friends I've neglected. Having said that it works both ways and few of them have made the effort either but that isn't a reason for me to neglect them.
I must make a mid-year resolution to get back in touch with as many old friends as I can, who am I fooling, of course I won't I'll continue as I am bumbling along bumping into people here and there and losing touch with others because that is what I'm like.
We didn't even keep in touch with family over the years so I come by this apathetic approach to friendship honestly and will undoubtedly slip off this mortal coil myself still wondering how old such-and-such is getting along these days without bothering my butt to do anything about it.
So, if I'm not travelling I will attend my old pal's funeral, meet up with a few other old pals, make promises to stay in touch that none of us will keep and come back to my lair and wonder why I feel so lonesome at times.
And on that happy note I will say ttfn, Peace and Love.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment