Saturday 28 September 2013

Driving back...

from Alnwick this morning I was struck by how beautiful Northumberland is in the Autumn. The trees are just beginning to turn and there was a slight mist just being burned off by the early morning sunshine. There was little traffic about and the peace was such that you could nearly taste it.
Now Northumberland is lovely at any time of year but I think it really does blossom in the Autumn, I don't know what it is, it just seems that the whole landscape takes on a gentler mode. It makes one glad to be so lucky as to be living in such a wonderful place.
That more people don't visit has always amazed me. In the Summer months the main A1 road is crowded with cars full of people from all parts of the UK and beyond all going through the county to Scotland without even a sideways glance. Perhaps if a few of them took a moment to look around them they would realise that perhaps a detour might be in order to take in the wonderful coastline, historic houses and castles or the rugged moorland. Still, the fact is that they don't and it really is their loss.
Anyway, enough of this waxing lyrical about my home county. I'm off to make a cup of tea (Ringtons, of course) and consider trying to move The Story along. I have neglected poor Bob for too long and I must rectify the situation. These tales won't write themselves and if I'm ever going to become a published writer I really ought to write.
So Peace and Love until next time, ttfn.
PS. I was really rather pleased this morning to discover that the wonderful actress Minnie Driver had followed me on Twitter. It made me happy for some unknown reason. A lovely lady.
Right, ttfn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment