Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday 15 November 2013.

It's 5.30 pm and I'm sitting here on the settee with a kitty asleep by my side and the wind blowing a hoolie outside although at least the rain has stopped and the sun has come out.
I don't have anything special to say today, I just thought that as it's been a couple of weeks I'd better come and say hello.
Hello.
I've booked a trip to Las Vegas for early November because I haven't had a proper holiday in ages and it's about time I did. It will be strange going to America alone again after all those years of travelling with Madame but I hope by doing so I will finally lay a few ghosts and be able to move on.
My hankering for her return has subsided as time passes. It's a year now since she went and our contact is restricted to playing Words with Friends on Facebook and the occasional message relating to post that has arrived for her.
 I consigned to history any hope of her returning home to me when she announced her engagement to the man she used to communicate on Facebook Cafe World with as our marriage went down the pan. She is now amongst that group of people with whom I am emotionally close but physically far apart from. I guess as time passes she will disappear from my life in the same way as many have, who knows? It is not under my control so I must go with what the fates decide.
Forcing issues has never got me anywhere other than to push away those people and things I most wanted to keep close or to have. I have a history of over-playing my hand at inopportune times and losing what I wanted so my watchword is now the saying my dear departed Mam used to use; 'what has to be will be'.
On that note I will be off, wishing you Love and Peace. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment