Friday 20 September 2013

I hate being single

I said this the other day on both Twitter and Facebook. Thinking about it, I do hate being single but not so much that I will go out with anyone just to be in a couple. That wouldn't be fair on them, or me and would end badly as have most, if not all of my relationships.
My problem is that I am fine at the start and then can either become possessive or take the person for-granted. Neither of which is a good way to maintain a good relationship with someone.
I am very insecure and that means I cannot believe that anyone would want to waste their time with me when they could be off having a better time with someone else. It seems that attitude is a self fulfilling prophesy in that everyone I have ever cared for has done just that.
I will need an adjustment in my attitude towards any new partner who enters my life or the rocky road to singleness will be trodden again, assuming that a new partner does show up. There's no guarantee that will happen so until it does I will take each day as it comes and make the best of what life sends my way.

Peace and Love x ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment