Wednesday 18 November 2015

Social Media

I've decided to give both Twitter and Facebook (FB) a rest for a while. The whole tenor of comments and the general lack of empathy from many of those making comments on both are really starting to get me down. And don't get me started on the Newspapers and TV news!
I've reached the stage where I'm seriously considering where my future lies. In the short term I plan to work, write, and catch up on all the books which are waiting to be read, both hard copy and on my electronic devices whilst making the occasional foray to the club for light refreshment.
In the medium term I hope to be able to retire in just under 3 years time to concentrate on writing, reading and travel as well as hoping to find a soul mate along the way.
The World is a seriously messed-up place just now with some of the comments I'm reading on said social media leaning towards fascism if not Nazism. If we aren't careful we run the risk of regressing to the 1930's where poverty and extremism ruled and the welfare of people was consigned to the dustbin.
We are sleep-walking into a bad place and I for one want no part of it.
I will continue to blog my thoughts and poems on here and post them to Twitter and FB but until I feel ready to stick my head out of my cave I will be otherwise conspicuous by my absence.
If anyone wants me I'm on Google hangouts and of course feel free to comment on here.
Until then, Peace and Love. ttfn x

1 comment: