Monday 16 November 2015

A reflection on life since 2012.

As the third anniversary of the Great Schism of 2012 approaches this Sunday I look back with some ambivalence.
 I wish at times that things could have been different and that we had been able to find a way to get through our bad times and move forward together. Having said that if that had happened I would not have met the people I have since I moved here and that would be a shame.
I do miss the American connection though, I loved the trips for Thanksgiving and Christmas and the insight they gave me on how normal everyday Americans live their lives.
I hope if I get to retire when I'm still fit enough to travel to the US regularly and spend time there in some of the places I came to like such as Yuma, Washington DC, Columbia SC, and especially Vegas.
I'm sorry that I was such a bad husband that Madame felt that she had to leave and go back, it's a source of sadness to me that she had to take such a drastic step to be happy and that I failed in making our life together work. 
I suppose the good thing to come out of it was that I had to move out of the old place and start again which was beneficial. It has made me a better person I think. Not that I was a particularly bad person, it was just that I had settled into a rut, in fact we both had, which didn't leave a lot of room for the other half of the relationship.  
Still that's all water under the bridge now. we are where we are and life will take us where it will.
I've not really said very well what I started out to say and will maybe revisit this again. I just felt the urge to say something about my feelings as this anniversary approaches and to use this as a vehicle to put into words the thoughts that build up at this time of year.
I've no desire to go back, just to hope that next time, if there is a next time I can avoid the mistakes that caused the termination of something that started out with such promise and optimism.
Anyway, I've said enough for now. I may revisit the subject when, if, my subconscious mind leads me to but until then Peace and Love. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment