Sunday 30 March 2014

Number 300

As this is blog post number 300 I want to make it special.
Today is Mothering Sunday in the UK. I'm all for mothers, I wouldn't be here without one so all-in-all I think mothers are a splendid idea. The fact that they are women is also an added bonus because along with loving mothers I have a particular fondness for women so we're on a winner all the way so far.

My only issue with Mothering Sunday is the huge amount of advertising that comes along with it. In that respect it is much like Father's Day, Valentine's Day and Christmas. Interestingly though Easter seems to be less of an over-hyped holiday in my opinion, I don't know why but apart from the pushing of choccy eggs and bunnies there is more of a All Quiet on the Easter Front thing going on. You might disagree of course and I value the right of people to hold divergent views from mine no matter how misguided they may be.

Anyway, as to Mothering Sunday, I will not call it Mother's Day, I think that a day to celebrate all the things that our mothers do for us and all the sacrifices they make and the worry they go through to make our lives as happy and safe as possible should be celebrated and lauded as much as is humanly possible. Yes, mothers are a splendid group of people.

Having said all of the above let's also remember those who for various reasons might not have cause to celebrate. Those mothers who have lost children, children who have lost mothers and people who are unable to have children should also be in our thoughts today.

And on that note I'll stop. I'm not sure if I succeeded in making number 300 special but regardless of that Happy Mothering Sunday, Peace and Love. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment