Saturday 29 March 2014

I can't decide.

I can't decide whether I like London or not.
On the one hand it is a vibrant multicultural metropolis with so much to see and do that it would take a lifetime to cover everything it has to offer. On the other it is expensive, busy and smelly. While people rarely have the chance to take a breath and chew the fat with a stranger.
Being a country bumpkin I find it all a bit much to handle. I like the fact that where I am in Northumberland people have the time to say hello. The beautiful coastline and countryside are literally a breath of fresh air and people are rarely in a rush.
London isn't a bad place though, many of the people I meet through work are very pleasant and friendly, staff in shops and bars are generally polite enough although with everywhere being so busy they don't have the time to spend chatting like they would in a Northumberland pub or shop. On the whole though people don't go out of their way to be unfriendly, they are just preoccupied and busy.
You meet unpleasant people wherever you go, London doesn't have a monopoly on rude folks, I know a few round my way who could benefit from a manners transplant.
All in all I think that as a country boy London is a good place to visit but I certainly couldn't afford to live there either financially or emotionally and I'm always glad to get back to the comparative peace and tranquillity of good old Northumberland.
On that note I'm off to see if my eggs are boiled.
Peace and love, ttfn. x

No comments:

Post a Comment