Friday 14 March 2014

I've been thinking.

I've been trying to think about something interesting to write on here but have been struggling to come up with anything that is worth saying.  I don't know if this is a good or bad thing; is the fact that I have nothing much to say an indication that my mood has improved to the point that I don't feel the need to unburden myself on here? Or is it that I've reached a point where I have I'm so down that I can't be bothered to write anything? My feeling is that the former applies, my last few posts have been poems, or what passes for poems in my little world and I have not felt the urge or desire to talk about any low moods that I have encountered lately.
There have been times over the last few weeks that I have felt low but I have managed to pull my mood up by writing my 'poems' and reading P.G. Wodehouse, an activity that always cheers me up. The man was a genius as a writer, I wish my talents came within a hundred miles of his.
Anyway, enough about me. I read today that the great British politician Tony Benn died last night. My condolences go out to his friends and family. He was a towering figure in British politics who, though he could be divisive at times always held true to his beliefs and strove for a better world for the many not just the few. He was a true man of the people whose integrity shone like a beacon in these times of selfishness and greed. We will never see his like again and that is a sad state of affairs.
Lately I have been thinking of ways to keep myself out of the pub on Saturdays and as I am a friend of the Newcastle Theatre Royal I thought I would take advantage of the discounts offered to such as me and buy some tickets to shows. So a week tomorrow I am going to the matinee performance of Dial M for Murder which should be fun, then in September I'm off to see The Mousetrap, which is the longest continuously running play in the World, then in October I'll be going to the Royal Shakespeare Company's The Two Gentlemen of Verona which they are performing as part of their Newcastle season. So call me a culture vulture if you like but I hope to enjoy all three events. Added to this cultural extravaganza will be my attendance at The Strawberry pub after the theatre to see my old pals Michael and Caroline who own and run the pub.
At least I have things to look forward to which I think is part of the secret to improving ones mood. If all you see ahead of you is work and sitting in the house your mood will soon drop, if there is something good on the horizon there is a chance that some optimism will come into your life and help raise you up a bit. Of course the Spring and Summer months will be gardening time as well which helps keep the old mind and body occupied and all that fresh air is definitely good for you.
So on that uplifting note I will say ttfn. Peace and Love to all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment