Friday 15 November 2013

Madame is here.

Madame is indeed here. We have gone through some stored stuff and she is currently having a nap before we go and collect the kitties from kitty kamp.
I feel very strange about the whole her being here thing, it feels to me like we have never been apart and that we aren't divorced. Whenever she is here it feels like she's back from a business trip and is about to go on another. I feel odd.
Madame says she doesn't feel that way, to her we are finished as a couple (which legally and physically we are) and remain friends (which we do), however to me the connection hasn't been severed completely and I still feel that there is some hope for the future.
It's very puzzling and I don't know what to do. I know we can never recapture what we once had and it's doubtful that we would ever start again as a couple (especially as she is now engaged elsewhere) but I still hold this candle for her and can't quite shake the feeling that we finished too soon, that there was more life in the relationship and it was ended before it's time.
I don't know.
I will continue to live day-to-day and hang my hat on my 5 year plan for retirement.
Speaking of which, my plan currently is at a very early stage and consists of the purchase of a static caravan on a site near the coast, Amble or somewhere similar to stay in from March to November. I would then rent a place somewhere warm, probably in South West USA from December to February. That's it so far, much more work needs to be done on the details and logistics of the whole idea but it's a start and from little acorns great oaks to grow.
Time for me to stop now.  Until next time, ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment