Thursday 7 November 2013

Hold on lads, I've got an idea.

To quote Michael Caine in the Italian Job. My idea is this, when I retire I would like to live for part of the year in Las Vegas and the rest of the time in the UK. I think November to January in Vegas and the remainder of the year in Northumberland is a good split. I could be in the USA on a 90 day visa waiver so there would be no immigration requirements or residency issues.
There is a lot of thought and planning required to take such a big step, foremost being where to live, what to live on, transport and suchlike issues. I will have to get my thinking cap on to see how it would work and speak to people in the know to get advice on how best to make the transition from full time to part time life in the UK and the US.
You may think me mad but why not? I have no-one else to consider now so I may as well try it. If it doesn't work out I will have lost nothing because as I have said I'm not planning to up sticks and leave the UK permanently, only for 3 months of the year so I can always just stop leaving the UK for those 3 months and go back to living in the UK full time.
As so many people say, you only live once so make the best of it. The Winter climate in Vegas is quite pleasant, not too hot or cold, especially compared to England in the Winter so I may as well at least look into the possibility of doing it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment