Thursday 18 February 2016

Can't get it done.

I'm trying to write my end of year work self assessment and I'm finding it a little difficult. If staring out of the window with a blank look on my face was an Olympic sport I'd be a shoo-in for the gold medal. I've never been very good at evaluating myself so this really is a toughie.
I know I'm pretty good at what I do but I find it hard to set it down on paper. The feedback I get is generally good, it's the self improvement/development bit I can't get. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and there are areas I know that I can get better at, I just can't figure out exactly what these areas are or how to improve them; the thing is that as I'm retiring at the end of April, I'm not sure if I've mentioned that before but it's true, anyway as I say since I'll not be doing the job or any job other than writing The Tale after April I'm not able to see the point of the looking forward bit. Perhaps I should just say that I'll make sure everything is up to date and tidied up before the great day and leave it at that.
Also, it looks lovely outside which makes me want to go out but the guilt of not being able to get this darned report done is holding me in my seat with said blank look on the old fizzog. Coffee and choccy biccies hasn't worked and there's no rum in the flat so that's a no-go as well. I might change my angle and stare blankly at Thomas Kitty instead, I'm sure to get some inspiration from that slumbering furry gent. His high energy levels always help spur me into action, not.
I suppose I should get back to the grind, even though not much is being ground at the mo.
Peace and Love. x ttfn

1 comment:

  1. Ian

    How about...

    "The feedback I get is generally good. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and there are areas I know that I can get better at, but as I'm retiring at the end of April I don't give a shit about self improvement/development."

    Job done!

    ReplyDelete