Monday 18 January 2016

Monday January 18 2016

Here I am at 10 past Midnight  not feeling the slightest bit sleepy so I thought I'd write a few lines. It's a funny thing, there was a time not too long ago when I'd be in bed by 9 pm and lie there feeling sad and overthinking until sleep came and the troubles I thought I had would be abandoned until I woke at the crack of dawn still tired and feeling hopeless. Now I sit up into the wee small hours, wide awake thinking about the next chapter of The Tale and hoping that all will go smoothly between now and the end of April when early-retirement day comes.
These two types of early retirement, one going to bed early so that the awful days would be gone, the other a positive thing which will allow me to concentrate on what I really want to do, which is to write are poles apart. I like the positive thoughts, they are somewhat alien to me because I've always been a worrier and a little bit of me still waits for the light at the end of the tunnel to be a train. Though as my dear old mother used to say, "what will be will be" so I'll plough my furrow and deal with what comes rather than worrying about stuff that might never happen.
I think though that I prefer using this blog as a vehicle for my poems rather than a platform for introspective ramblings which I'm sure those of you who read this stuff, yes, both of you, aren't remotely interested in.
I try not to be controversial so perhaps some of these non-poetry posts are a bit bland and self absorbed. It's good though sometimes just to get my thoughts down in words. Perhaps I'll stick to writing in my journal when this desire comes upon me rather than to bore people rigid on here.
Anyway, I really do hope that this new direction I'm taking is the right one and that one day in the not too distant future my book will be a reality.
So to close:
There was an old fellow called Hall
Who sat up into hours quite small
He would write a few words
Then rise with the birds
That sleepless old fellow called Hall

Peace and Love ttfn x

1 comment: