Tuesday 19 January 2016

Freedom

My boss filled out the retirement forms today. My last working day is three months from tomorrow. I will be free to do as I please, go where I want whenever I feel the urge.
This is a whole new chapter in my life and although I'm a little apprehensive I really am looking forward to it. I have waited 38 years doing jobs I was never really suited to, now I can write and observe the world without worrying that I should be doing something else.
The freedom to write is the best thing. Nothing else on my mind, just the words I want to put down on paper, freeing my soul to entertain, even if it is just entertaining myself.
I am by nature a lazy procrastinator so work has always been a struggle. If I procrastinate now, I will be a freelance procrastinator and no-one will be there to make my life hard for not doing what I should.
I will be beholden to no-one and free to be the lazy selfish so-and-so I really am.
Peace and Love. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment