Monday 26 August 2013

Bank Holiday Monday.

This must be the best weather we have had on a Bank Holiday since I don't know when. I've cut the grass and done some washing and thought about what to do next so here I am.
The thing about being a singleton on holidays of any kind is that you can do exactly as you please without having to worry about what anyone else wants to do. That is why I'm sitting in my house with a glass of wine whilst the sun cracks the flags outside writing this when I could be out enjoying myself at any number of shows, festivals and activities being run this weekend throughout the county. The point is that attending anything like these things of which I speak on one's own is not much fun. You could say that I might bump into friends who are also out and about but the bet is that they will be with a partner and don't want a third wheel bouncing along behind, getting in the way.
You might also tell me that I may come across the next significant other in my life, to which I reply, dream on, no-one wants a fat fifty four year old baldy bloke cluttering up their life. Having said that of course there is an answer to that predicament or at least part of it. I can do nothing about my age, that is a given, I can't really do much about the baldy bit either since I have no intention of having a hair transplant or wearing an 'irish'; so what's left I hear you cry? Get rid of the flab is my reply.
How am I going to do that? Well as I really don't like going to the gym and regret the money I spent on membership I've changed my plan of campaign and rescued my push-bike from storage and am going to have it refurbished to start riding it again. I've identified a route which is not too arduous and doesn't have much traffic on it to start with and will ride this circuit a couple of times a week until the nights cut in too much.
I'm also going to start exercising in the house which is something I can do any time regardless of the weather and I won't have to go leaping around in public which I really detest.
The other strand is to cut down my drinking by only going out at weekends and not drinking in the house. My eating habits are pretty healthy, mainly fish and chicken, combined with rice or pasta and a lot of fruit so that isn't really an issue. I'll have to cut down on bread and ice cream but apart from that I think I have the food front sorted. Cut out the excess drink and the weight should drop off.
So that is my new master plan to lose weight, it may not get me a life-partner but at least I'll feel better in myself and be comfortable in my clothes, something I haven't felt in a while. Wish me luck, and ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment